Monday, September 26, 2011

Best In Show Baked Beans

Finally, I will give up how I make them! I have gotten raves for my baked beans over the years and I decided to not tell exactly how I made them so that at the next church event there wouldn't be 5 dishes of them. Selfish, I know.

I have never used a recipe, so I decided to write down everything I did, so that at least my kids would be able to carry on the "Best In Show" at all their BBQ's.

I have been able to convert non bean eater's with this recipe. I make a lot and freeze the rest if there are any leftovers!

Making the beans I found that all-beef smoked sausage dries out cooking it a long time. The all-meat smoked sausage stays moist. I have also played around with different smoked sausages and I always come back to Hillshire Farms.It holds up and you never find hard pieces of meat or fat in it. I have tried making them in a crock pot (multiple crock pots) but the juices and sugars don't reduce down like they do in the oven. I stick with what works for me.



How easy can a recipe be, if you just throw everything into the pan and bake?

Hot, bubbly, sweet, smokey, and yummy....


Best In Show Baked Beans
4 cans of Pork and Beans
1lb (Hillshire Farms)all meat smoked sausage cut in 1/4 inch slices
1lb Maple Bacon Thick sliced diced into cubes
2 1/2c. brown sugar
1/4 c. molasses
3Tlb. Worcestershire sauce
1tsp. liquid smoke
2T smoked paprika
1c. ketchup
l Tlb. yellow mustard
1 lg. yellow onions chopped
1/2 bell pepper diced fine

Throw everything in a medium roaster or a medium throw away foil pan. Bake 300 degrees for 2 hours, stirring once. Remove and let cool. It thickens after its cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment