Thursday, September 15, 2011

Elvis' Peanut Butter Banana Bacon Sandwich

Dedicated to the King of Rock-N-Roll! Hopefully, this sandwich isn't what killed him! Also, to my dear friend Cleo, whom I have never met a greater Elvis fan than her! She was my all time best scrapbooking buddy ever.


My husband will only make a sandwich with 2 slices of lunch meat, slice of cheese, mustard and mayo. No lettuse or pickles... no frills. He's a creature of habit and can't seem to think out of the boring sandwich box! I have seen him put a dollop of peanut butter on a banana and eat it.That's about as close to excitement as he can manage in the kitchem. No problem... he has me.



Elvis Sammie



Throw caution to the wind. This is the true low calorie count sammie. Not! Don't even try counting them!

I take a rustic loaf of bread and cut several slices. Butter the bread with that yellow goodness (remember you have thrown caution to the wind) and place one slice into a med-high skillet. Spread mayo (not Miracle Whip... no miracle to me) on the on the other slice of bread.


Smear on some peanut butter goodness, some sliced bananas and some crisp bacon slices.





Add the other slice of bread on top.






Smash the sandwich down by using the weight of another heavy skillet.
This beats paying $80 bucks for a Panini press!

'Sandwiched' between two cast iron skillets.
 Toast a few minutes till golden brown and flip. Toast the other side and enjoy!
Humming, "You ain't nothin but a hound dog" (with my mouth full).

1 comment:

  1. So I guess I will have to try this sandwich,,,, after reading the nice tribute to me - THANKS SO MUCH, DEAR FRIEND!!! Miss your fabulous cooking and certainly all the great days of scrap booking and all the other fun we had like Elvis birthday parties, church, holidays meals, Red Hats, Tyler trip and on and on. Miss you more than you'll ever know!
    Love ya bunches, Cleo

    ReplyDelete