Monday, August 22, 2011

Crab Bruschetta




Photo by Lori 



Recently, it was raining outside and I was just in one of those moods to create. I dug through the frig and decided that I needed to create something with my Sam's, large portion, bag of imitation crab meat. I love this product because it's so inexpensive and is low in calories. Now..... what I usually do with it (heavy cream sauces) can make it very yummy, but high in calories.
  I found a loaf of bread and the Bruschettas were flying out of the kitchen! I was making Aiolis and decided fusion was my word for the day.

Crab Bruschetta with Olive Tapenade & Truffle Aioli

Slices of quality bread  (slice thin for really crisp or thicker for crunchy outside and moist inside)
Imitation crab meat (if you can afford the real stuff... it could be even better!)

Olive Tapenade
1rib celery (cut into chunks before placing in blender)
12 green olives
1 clove garlic (crushed before put in blender)
1tsp thyme (I used fresh lemon thyme put dried is ok)
2 Tlb fresh parsley
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
3-4 Tlb quality Olive oil
1 green onion
1/4 c. pecans

Place the pecans in blender and pulse a few times. Add celery and onion, pulse. Add everything else in blender and pulse a few times. Don't over blend, you want it chopped not pureed.



Truffle Aioli

3 egg yokes
1Tlb truffle oil
1/2 tsp sea salt (with truffle if you can find it)*
1tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
2 Tlb mayo

Add everything except the oil. Begin blending and slowly add the Truffle oil a few drops at a time.

*I found the sea salt with truffle by accident months ago and I haven't found it again, except Online. I really love this salt. I'm weak kneed when I find a new sea salt flavor or one from a different country. I have a collection going rather than a selection!


Assembly:
 I dipped a brush into the Tapenade to soak up some of the seasoned garlic oil and brushed the bread on both sides. Place in a hot skillet to toast each side. Place a small amount of Tapenade on bread, crumble some crab meat and drizzle with the Aioli. For plating you can drop the Aioli on plate as in my photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment